Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

Marko
Staff / Moderatore

Posted - 18/08/2003 :  15:14:28  Show Profile Send Marko a Private Message
Una Lene dall'aspetto decisamente più "sfrontato" e di sfida. Almeno all'apparenza...
La sfumatura della cover mi ricorda quella degli album dei Linkin. In verità preferisco qlc di più "colorato", cmq staremo a vedere. Secondo me nn sarà questa la copertina europea.

Benvenuto Labyrinth!!!

Questa è Lene Marlin, un angelo mandato sulla Terra per cantare con voce celestiale la bellezza infinita del Paradiso. Ascoltare la sua voce ci rende più vicini alla perfezione.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

Posted - 19/08/2003 :  18:59:08  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
lene-marlin.no ha pubblicato un nuovo articolo su Another Day, ci sono alcune dikiarazioni di Lene, ma niente di granke' nuovo:

lene-marlin.no has gotten a hold of an "official" "description" about what's happened to Lene these years...information about her new album "Another Day", and some statements from Lene herself...

document as follows:

----------------------------------

“Another Day”

There’s a lot of growing that has gone into Another Day, the second album of compellingly intimate songs from Lene Marlin, the young Norwegian singer-songwriter who shot to fame four years ago with her debut album, Playing My Game.

Her initial success literally swept her off her feet. Her first album went on to sell 1.7 million copies around the world. Playing My Game went platinum not only in Norway but also in Britain, France, Sweden, Denmark, Italy and Taiwan. In Japan, Switzerland, New Zealand and Ireland, the album went gold.

It was an astonishing rise for the girl from Tromsø, way up north in the Polar Circle. “Nobody expected the first record to sell so much,” she recalls. “I was still at school when I made it and my life changed dramatically.”

That change saw her moving to Oslo and taking on a hectic schedule touring both Europe and the world. But then Lene dropped out of view. “Success happened so quickly for me I had to have a break to absorb everything,” she explains. “I didn’t have time to take in what was happening. There was all the attention of the media. And although all the traveling sounds great, all I ever got to see was hotel rooms, TV studios and airports. I needed time to reflect.”

Recorded in London, Another Day is the result of that reflection and the growing she has done in between. Like the first album, it is a record that combines quality songwriting and pop craftsmanship in equal measure. But the songs are more fully developed second time around and for the first time, Another Day finds Lene recording with a band.

“The band really inspired me,” Lene recalls. “I was writing songs in the upstairs room and I could hear the guys doing stuff downstairs. I’d finish a song and then just take it down to them and we'd learn to play it and then record it. The way we worked was very natural and fluid.”

Yet Another Day is also an album that might never have got made. “The reason I had to take a break was in order to figure out whether I even wanted to do this again,” Lene admits. “I didn’t feel happy with all the attention I was getting and I had to ask myself if I could handle it. I had to put some distance between me and what was happening and see if I could get back to the same feeling I had when I first wrote songs purely for pleasure.”

And happily, during her time off, Lene found that pleasurable feeling came flooding back. “I’m here again because I’ve got my passion back. I’ve never thought about writing a song that will sell because I don't approach music like that. If I thought in that manufactured way, I know I wouldn’t be able to do it.”

Another Day was recorded in London with producer Mike Hedges (Cure, U2 , Travis). “I was going back and forth to Norway while we were making the album, But I always really looked forward to going back to London because we had such a fantastic time making this record,” Lene says.

And she’s full of praise for both the band and Hedges’ contribution. ”From the first time I met Mike, I had a really good feeling,” she says. “I needed someone who could help get the songs where I wanted them to go and Mike was able to provide that.”

Yet it is still Lene who is very much in control on Another Day. Not for her the highly-paid teams of writers and producers manufacturing glossy, paint-by-numbers radio hits. They’re her songs and they resonate with the listener on a deeply personal level.

“Music is something I love and will always do,” Lene says. “But the actual process of it remains a mystery, even to me. I guess I’m just inspired by everything around me. Things you see. Things you read. Stories people tell you. Things that have happened to me. But I never tell anyone what my songs are about. I like people to imagine their own stories and make their own personal connection with the songs.”

Another Day represents a major advance in Lene’s young career, both in terms of the sound of the record and in the development of her own songwriting. “It’s very different from Playing My Game. But it’s a natural progression and it’s still me,” she says.

“I’m still writing songs in the same way, but I’m older and that gives you a different perspective. It was a long break and I thought people might have forgotten about me. But I’m very proud of the record and if people like it, that’s great.”

The initial reaction to Another Day has already proved there’s no chance of anyone having forgotten about Lene Marlin. And now she’s back with the best record of her career to date.

“Of course I’m a bit scared. But that’s healthy,” she reasons. “The years I’ve spent leading up this album have been like a journey.Now I’m just really looking forward to people hearing the songs.”

Britney makes me puke :X
Go to Top of Page

Marko
Staff / Moderatore

Posted - 19/08/2003 :  20:04:02  Show Profile Send Marko a Private Message
Grazie amnesty, provvederemo a tradurre anche questo al più presto

Questa è Lene Marlin, un angelo mandato sulla Terra per cantare con voce celestiale la bellezza infinita del Paradiso. Ascoltare la sua voce ci rende più vicini alla perfezione.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

Posted - 21/08/2003 :  19:45:47  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
su lene-marlin.no un articolo in inglese sui testi delle canzoni dell'album :)

Britney makes me puke :X

I’ve never thought about writing a song that will sell because I don't approach music like that. If I thought in that manufactured way, I know I wouldn’t be able to do it
Go to Top of Page

asile
Fan

Posted - 25/08/2003 :  16:51:56  Show Profile Send asile a Private Message
ma guarda te!!!!
io parto x quasi 2settimane e trovo tutte queste news su lene!!!ke bello!!!sono moooooolto contenta
anche se nn volevo vedere le cover in anteprima xkè volevo l'effetto sorpresa al negozio di dischi quel bellissimo giorno ke uscirà il disco....avete presente il cercare un disco talmente nuovo ke nn sapete la copertina???vabbè non importa,anzi....:)
vado a leggermi i nuovi articoli....ke dite le leggo le recensioni???sempre x l'effetto sorpresa...boh vedrò!!
cmq le cover a me piacciono....è bello vedere ke le felpe a zip nn le ha abbondonate......io le adoro!!!
vabbè vi saluto!
alla prox
sabri
Go to Top of Page

RoVeSciO
Fan

Posted - 01/09/2003 :  00:30:12  Show Profile Send RoVeSciO a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by asile

ma guarda te!!!!
io parto x quasi 2settimane e trovo tutte queste news su lene!!!ke bello!!!sono moooooolto contenta
anche se nn volevo vedere le cover in anteprima xkè volevo l'effetto sorpresa al negozio di dischi quel bellissimo giorno ke uscirà il disco....avete presente il cercare un disco talmente nuovo ke nn sapete la copertina???vabbè non importa,anzi....:)
vado a leggermi i nuovi articoli....ke dite le leggo le recensioni???sempre x l'effetto sorpresa...boh vedrò!!
cmq le cover a me piacciono....è bello vedere ke le felpe a zip nn le ha abbondonate......io le adoro!!!
vabbè vi saluto!
alla prox
sabri

le felpe zip sono bellissime danno la sensazione di calore, di chiudersi a chiocciola, di proteggersi... anche a me piace l'effetto "sorpresa", come la copertina di un giornale o leggere un Dylan Dog prima di tutti... qualcuno all'inizio di questo topic ha scritto che lene nelle sue precedenti canzoni non parlava di amore e io credo abbia ragione, benchè la mia sia solo una sensazione, ho ascoltato tanto le canzoni di lene 3 anni fa e allora mi davano calore, tranquillità e forza... ma non ho mai saputo bene i contenuti di quelle canzoni, non pensai mai a tradurre i testi mi bastavano le emozioni, ora però vorrei saperne di più... quali furono i problemi e i pensieri aveva sollevato in linea di massima Lene nel precedente album? Ripensandoci mi interesserebbe saperne di più su 'A Place Nearby'... che sto riascontando adesso e sinceramente ha una leggerezza che avevo dimenticato...
Go to Top of Page

DYLAN
Fan

Posted - 08/09/2003 :  09:03:32  Show Profile Send DYLAN a Private Message
Lene,solo Lene,Lene e basta !!!
Go to Top of Page

lene
Fan

Posted - 08/09/2003 :  18:45:10  Show Profile Send lene a Private Message
Lene.it Grazie di esistere! sto leggendo i testi, appena finito vi diro' cosa ne penso!!!!

Lene
Go to Top of Page

lene
Fan

Posted - 08/09/2003 :  18:53:04  Show Profile Send lene a Private Message
Mi sono innamorata di tutti i testi!! quelli che mi hanno colpito di piu' sono FACES e STORY! Mi aspetto molto da queste due canzoni! (faces sara' di sicuro un singolo!)

Lene
Go to Top of Page

lene
Fan

Posted - 08/09/2003 :  18:59:53  Show Profile Send lene a Private Message
Lene.it Grazie di esistere! sto leggendo i testi, appena finito vi diro' cosa ne penso!!!!

Lene
Go to Top of Page

Matty
Staff

Posted - 08/09/2003 :  19:14:47  Show Profile  Click to see Matty's MSN Messenger address Send Matty a Private Message
I miei preferiti sono STORY-WHATEVER IT TAKES-DISGUISE ma il migliore trovo sia MY LOVE!
Staremo a " sentire " appena avremo l'album tra le mani.
Matty

P.S. Curiosità, Playing My Game era la song preferita da Lene in PMG appunto, e come song non era sicuramente tra le mie preferite, In AD My Love è la song preferita da Lene e pure la mia....almeno x ora come testo, e lo sapete che io appena avevo visto il titolo mi ero preoccupato parecchio.....
Go to Top of Page

lene
Fan

Posted - 08/09/2003 :  19:28:35  Show Profile Send lene a Private Message
Davvero My Love è la sua preferita? credevo fosse Another day!

Lene
Go to Top of Page

Matty
Staff

Posted - 08/09/2003 :  19:32:37  Show Profile  Click to see Matty's MSN Messenger address Send Matty a Private Message
Lo ha detto in una delle ultime interviste ha detto che My Love e Sorry soono le sue preferite, dipende dai momenti e Another Day l'ha scelto come titolo dell'album perchè era uno dei pezzi che aveva un titolo che poteva avere molti significati e una più vasta interpretazione.
Matty
Go to Top of Page

ALEXXX82
Fan

Posted - 08/09/2003 :  20:51:28  Show Profile  Click to see ALEXXX82's MSN Messenger address Send ALEXXX82 a Private Message
io credo che another day e faces siano candidati ad essere i prossimi 2 singoli. Secondo voi lene potrebbe lanciare gia il secondo singolo a fine settembre , magari in coincidenza con il festivalbar?

WWW.LENE.IT .................. CHE ASPETTATE A FARLO SITO UFFICIALE........
Go to Top of Page

Matty
Staff

Posted - 08/09/2003 :  21:15:34  Show Profile  Click to see Matty's MSN Messenger address Send Matty a Private Message
Io credo proprio di no, secondo me il secondo singolo uscirà per Novembre/Dicembre per quali saranno credo Another Day e Fight Against The Hours, mi stupisce che abbia colpito molto il testo di Faces, forse è perchè il primo testo esplicitamente allegro scritto da Lene nella sua " carriera "
Matty
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Lene.it ARCHVIO Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000