Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

custard555
Fan

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2005 :  01:49:26  Show Profile  Visit custard555's Homepage  Click to see custard555's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Malicious Software Removal Tool; this is a free tool from Microsoft, (yes free!)

The Malicious Software Removal Tool is released on the second Tuesday of every month. Each release of the tool helps detect and remove current, prevalent malicious software. This malicious software includes viruses, worms, and Trojan horses.

Example of what the tool can remove;
Win32/Berbew
Win32/Doomjuice
Win32/Gaobot
Win32/MSBlast
Win32/Mydoom
Win32/Nachi
Win32/Sasser
Win32/Zindos

This is not an anti-virus programme. This tool is strictly a “postinfection” removal tool.

Windows XP users may get the latest version through Windows Update. To have the newest versions automatically delivered and installed as soon as they are released, set the Automatic Updates feature to Automatic.

•Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
•Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition
•Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
•Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
•Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server

Can download it from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=AD724AE0-E72D-4F54-9AB3-75B8EB148356&displaylang=en

Come on Lene, Don't give up now

Remember kids, CHIPS ARE VEGETABLES

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2005 :  00:42:37  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well I'd stick with McAfee "AVERT Stinger" since it remove 48 of the top threats per month, its about 800KB's and it can be ran in Safe Mode...I dont remember the link but I'll post it up as an edit later on...

Go to Top of Page

custard555
Fan

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2005 :  22:03:11  Show Profile  Visit custard555's Homepage  Click to see custard555's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Superfan

Well I'd stick with McAfee "AVERT Stinger" since it remove 48 of the top threats per month, its about 800KB's and it can be ran in Safe Mode...I dont remember the link but I'll post it up as an edit later on...

http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/ - yep a very good tool

Go to Top of Page

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2005 :  13:40:45  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yea it saved me a lot of times,
This MS thing ain't to bad either and I like the update thing about it...a bright future for MS is comming again!

Go to Top of Page

custard555
Fan

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2005 :  21:20:34  Show Profile  Visit custard555's Homepage  Click to see custard555's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thirteen Microsoft patches planned tomorrow.

so get on Windows update and download at lest the 1 critical update.

Go to Top of Page

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2005 :  02:06:50  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
13...|what a number!|

I guess I'll update right now...

Go to Top of Page

custard555
Fan

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2005 :  20:13:50  Show Profile  Visit custard555's Homepage  Click to see custard555's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Microsoft Windows Update v6 is here and ready to try @ http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/

Using Microsoft Update you can get updates for Windows, Office, SQL Server and Exchange at a single location, and even have critical updates for those products delivered via Automatic Updates.

my blog
Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2005 :  12:18:02  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ooooh, wow! Thanks Custard. That'll come in handy...

Eyes that sparkle deeds in dust,
Silent leaving of love and lust.
Hope still flickering in abused feelings,
Incessant words that give few meanings...

Thoughts of melancholy quietly dwell,
Hypnotised movements under a spell.
Courteous blinking in haughty air,
Coddled warmth in gracious flair...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000