So, what happens next to Lene?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

custard555
Fan

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2004 :  22:36:34  Show Profile  Visit custard555's Homepage  Click to see custard555's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The “new” album has finished, the tour has come to the end, and so what’s next?

I hope no waiting!

ideas anyone?

Come on Lene, Don't give up now

Remember kids, CHIPS ARE VEGETABLES

Tarnim
Fan

Sweden
403 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2004 :  23:41:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well my wishfull thinking says a new and bigger tour, but it wont probrbly be another for a while. There where some rumors about the possibility that she would write some lyrics for a new animated movie about the uggly duckling. And remebering what she said in the AD dvd about the want to get back into the studio a third album might not be that far away in her plans either. I just hope it wont be another fiveyearbreak.

-----
you're right in all the things you do
in all the choises you make
don't be afraid
it all works out in the end
-Lene Marlin, "It's All Good"
Go to Top of Page

na
Fan

Norway
56 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2004 :  00:55:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My guess is a little break and then a new album. And surely it won't take as long as the last one... Much to look forward to!

------------------------
'til then i walk alone
Go to Top of Page

Meriadoc
Fan

Belgium
489 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2004 :  13:46:54  Show Profile  Visit Meriadoc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There's an intriging topic on the forum of http://www.lene-marlin.no/. There's a site (http://www.emimusicpub.com) which suggest Lene to have written more than has appeared on CD. When searching for Lene Marlin under "Writers" and then clicked on "LENE MARLIN PEDERSEN (MARLIN,LENE)". I wonder how accurated this information is, since there are songs missing (Enough for example and the songs she wrote for Sissel).

--
Just the way we are
I guess you've seen it now
A mirror of ourselves sure makes us weird
Falling down
From a mountain of fright
Go to Top of Page

Daniel
Fan

Germany
103 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2004 :  13:58:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting. I guess this is the other way round like what she did for Sissel:

The music label maybe allowed another singer to "use" melodies of existing songs together with a new lyric. Like that one chinese singer did for example.
Go to Top of Page

Marko
Staff Lene.it / Moderator

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2004 :  17:23:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
These new songs are very suspect to me. Too similar to some verses of her lyrics.

I remind you that Lene should start an Italian tour (European, I suppose) next year. I believe she will resume the plans of the tour who had been cancelled last Spring.

Cannot control this... this thing called Lene
Go to Top of Page

custard555
Fan

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2004 :  17:33:22  Show Profile  Visit custard555's Homepage  Click to see custard555's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marko

I believe she will resume the plans of the tour who had been cancelled last Spring.

Cannot control this... this thing called Lene

That’s a bit of wishful thinking!

Come on Lene, Don't give up now

Remember kids, CHIPS ARE VEGETABLES

Go to Top of Page

Daniel
Fan

Germany
103 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2004 :  23:59:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, one more thing: I don't know where I read it, but Lene does not own copyright herself on every song. In fact, on Another Day, there are some songs, which she holds the copyright of and of some the record label does. "Sorry" and "My Love" for example belong to the former, FATH to the latter. Maybe because that actually is a song which existed longer before.

But, what I want to say: The songs on the list seem to be the ones EMI holds the copyright of. "Sorry" is not listed. Neither is "My Love". So, maybe, there *could* indeed have been some more songs from the PMG time. And she had to hand over her copyrights back then...

Edited by - Daniel on 31 Dec 2004 00:01:05
Go to Top of Page

Meriadoc
Fan

Belgium
489 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2004 :  19:19:13  Show Profile  Visit Meriadoc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel

Oh, one more thing: I don't know where I read it, but Lene does not own copyright herself on every song. In fact, on Another Day, there are some songs, which she holds the copyright of and of some the record label does. "Sorry" and "My Love" for example belong to the former, FATH to the latter. Maybe because that actually is a song which existed longer before.

But, what I want to say: The songs on the list seem to be the ones EMI holds the copyright of. "Sorry" is not listed. Neither is "My Love". So, maybe, there *could* indeed have been some more songs from the PMG time. And she had to hand over her copyrights back then...

Could be. I've heard stories on how record companies forced artist to give up the rights of their songs, they're like a group of gangsters from time to time.

--
Just the way we are
I guess you've seen it now
A mirror of ourselves sure makes us weird
Falling down
From a mountain of fright
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page