Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Marcustro
Fan

Hong Kong
190 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2004 :  04:31:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the success of this forum from Marko is even more interesting to hear!
Most important, He made this forum!

For me, I first heard Lene in a CD review of a book. It said "Lene Marlin- Another Day" is a perfect CD to listen. In addition, it told me that "Fighting for hours" was a long, but beautiful and well-managed song. So I give a try.... From the tracklist, the first Lene Song I heard is "Another Day"!

But that review change the way I think forever....
There's more greatest girl in the world except M2M!!!

WOWWOWOWOOWOWOWOOWOW~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lene Rules!

------------
LENE MARLIN!
Simply the best!
Go to Top of Page

Lene-Robyn
Fan

Netherlands
64 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2004 :  14:49:26  Show Profile  Visit Lene-Robyn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, maybe you all know: In Holland Lene isn't really popular. excually, hardly nobody knows her. But I think it was in 1999 or something. Sitting down here was a hit in Holland. It came in the top, and I liked the song very much. A few years later we get internet and I searched for the song Sitting down here. I found out who sang it, and I readed more about her. And now I have all her songs and I like her very much! But I can't talk about her with other people, because they don't know her. Most people don't like it when I talk a lot of her.
(I hope you understand what I mean, because my Engllish is not so good
Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2004 :  15:45:08  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm sure we all understand your English. It's not bad!
Lene's not really popular in Holland? Well it's the same situation here in Malaysia. Not many people know her, and i can't really talk to others about her either. No one will continue the conversation even if i keep talking. And i do think there're quite a few people in the same boat as we are!

Reality is an illusion that occurs due to the lack of alcohol.

Comme le monde est grand.
Go to Top of Page

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2004 :  23:16:17  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
First Of Lene Robyn: Your English is good so don't worry about it [Its probably better than mine]

Second: as U should know [I posted before] that Lene isnt so popular here either...
But I made about 31 fans here 4 lene...All I had to do was to put on the songs: Fight Against The Hours, One Year Ago & Unforgiavable Sinner...And BOOM there was a new fan of Lene!
But I guess this happend so easy because there isn't such a variety of music...thanx 2 the law,

---
Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2004 :  13:07:28  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You're pitiful Superfan... at least here i can get CDs! Did you get Lene's songs from the net, or did you buy her CD overseas?

Go to Top of Page

Meriadoc
Fan

Belgium
489 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2004 :  20:14:31  Show Profile  Visit Meriadoc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had seen 'Sitting Down There' on tv before and it had cought my attention. But when I was watching the MTV music award on night (it was a repeat) because I couldn't sleep, only one person made an tremendous impression on me: little Lene (while 'The Cardigans' actually couldn't lose)! She was such a remarkable personality. I bought her CD bought the next day.

--
Just the way we are
I guess you've seen it now
A mirror of ourselves sure makes us weird
Falling down
From a mountain of fright
Go to Top of Page

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2004 :  23:31:31  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well Helios U know...There IS a law...and as long as there's a law,
There is an UNDERGROUND...I think U guessed how I got the CDs...
I had to buy them for a high price and from a "BAD" place,
But it was worth it,

---

The undersatndable beauty of all elements in one ...Lene Marlin
Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2004 :  08:19:08  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I understand that now. I guess it's probably just the same as our underground. But i got Lene's CD from a proper shop, though at a high price too...

Edited by - Helios Rietberg on 28 Jul 2004 08:20:23
Go to Top of Page

Innocent Sinner
Fan

36 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2004 :  08:54:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First Of All, Lene-Robyn , your english is much better than me. I never study it all my life !!! never !!!

and the topic..Helios why didn't U buy "pirated CD" ? It's cheapper, u know. But dont ever think my Lene CDs are pirated goods. They're original.

Superfan, you did it good. I'm proud of U. U should keep doing that

"Vi Ma Gjorde noe med alle disse ungene som reker rundt i forkledninger og braker!"

Innocent Sinner The Mighty Viking aka The Man From North aka The King Of Sailor aka The King Of Pirate aka Unbreakable Person :"

-DU ER INGEN UTFORDRING FOR MEG !!!! DU ER ET NULL !! ET STORT NULL !!

-NON SEI ABBASTANZA PER ME !!!! TU NON SEI NIENTE !! NIENTE !!

-TU FAIS PAS LE POIDS CONTRE MOI !!!! TU N'ES RIEN !! RIEN DU TOUT !!

-DU KANNST DICH NICHT MIT MIR VERGLEICHEN !!!!
DU BIST NICHTS !! GAR NICHTS !!"

you'll see the truth. My victory is at hand. The sea will run with blood before this day is out
Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2004 :  09:07:01  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well, Innocent Sinner, when i like an artist enough, i think they need the recognition and justice they deserve. Sure, pirated CDs are cheaper, but when the artist is worth it, when they're worth listening to again and again and you'll never get sick of them... then i think, they really earned their money well. I want the artists that have talent, that have potential, to earn what they really deserve, unlike some people who just thrust their drug and alcohol bodies into your faces and let men with blurred vision ogle them...

Go to Top of Page

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2004 :  00:26:33  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanx Innocent...I love that "bad" place!
I haven't been there for such a long time!!! [about 4 days] I gotta check it out ,

I'm the kinda G that little homies want to be like
On my knees in the night, saying prayers in the street light
Go to Top of Page

Little Lene
Fan

Norway
159 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2004 :  08:23:36  Show Profile  Visit Little Lene's Homepage  Click to see Little Lene's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Superfan

5 years!!! Thats something to be proud of!

Thank You!

All the; Nice, mystic, beauty, lovely, happy, good, great, best....is connected..all at once..in only one's brain, spirit, person....and this person is.......Lene Marlin!
Go to Top of Page

m_e_l_x
Fan

Turkey
4 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2004 :  19:07:59  Show Profile  Click to see m_e_l_x's MSN Messenger address  Send m_e_l_x a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
hmmm i think i saw an elf she was in white completely.
she was singing i guess it was "you weren't there"
i sad "this song is song is very beautiful" she laughed:
"we use this words for women.."
and i said yes this song suddenly appeared and charmed as a beautiful women who care the grammar.
then she introduced me lene....now i think i weren't there and the elf too.

Maybe only nuns deserve the hell.....

Edited by - m_e_l_x on 08 Dec 2004 19:18:38
Go to Top of Page

jekil
Fan

Ireland
6 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2005 :  10:24:01  Show Profile  Visit jekil's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think it was about late 99 when i first saw her on MTV with her video for 'Playing My Game', i immediatley loved the song. When 'Unforgivable Sinner' came out, i said this is something special - not one of those one hit wonders - and i said i think this girl is going to someone big in my music. I bought the two singles and loved the two b-sides which turned out to be on the album. I had 4 great songs from her so why not buy the album, and i did. It later turned out that i bought the third single. I've never before, bought someones album and all the singles they released off it - i rarley buy singles.

Eventually my love for her music grew so much that she was one of my top three favourite acts. For years i couldn't wait for a follow up. The wait got longer and longer but i kept hoping that sometime she will release a second album. And she did, in 2003, 4 years after i had bought her second album and my god what a wait it was. I wasn't let down not a bit. The album was much stronger in so many ways, i said it was well worth the wait and glad that it didnt go unrewarded.

So even today, 'Another Day' is one of my fav albums and most of her songs are some of my faves too
Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2005 :  14:06:14  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey Jekil. Welcome to the forum.

You said she has a video for Playing My Game?!!!!! WHEN?!!!!

So fragile, just you and me,
Barely staying afloat in this blood red sea.
The eyes i looked at as jewels of hope,
Now hold just despair, how shall we cope?

Your feelings crushed, easy to break,
A protective shield of love we make.
When we realise we shall be free,
To entwine in the hands of you and me...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000