Lene.it International Forum
Lene.it International Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Forums
 Fans
 How did YOU become a fan of Lene? [Describe It]

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Superfan Posted - 03 Jul 2004 : 01:19:18
Well here's how it goes for me,
I was a BIG Eminem fan in that time...so big that I hadn't listend to anything for about 7 months!
I was getting bit tired so I started purchasing other albums from other bands...Evanescence, Linkin Park, D12 & Finally Lene Marlin: Another Day,
Well I putted the Lene Marlin Album...and started Listening...and since then [About 4~5 months] I hadn't listend to anything else!
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Marko Posted - 20 Aug 2006 : 20:42:03
You're very old, Brodel
Are you good at playing chess?

I will always be doing music, but there are nobody who knows how it will turn out.
I will always be doing music, but there are other people who will decide whether I'll be staying....

Brodel Posted - 09 Aug 2006 : 16:34:16
I became a fan of Lene out clothes shopping in 1999! Heard Sitting Down Here and got the single a few weeks later as a present :)
lene_fanUK Posted - 29 Jan 2006 : 18:28:58
it was in '99 when i was getting ready to go school i put on a music channel and saw this girl who was so damn attractive! i must admit i wasnt really listening to the song. i kept looking through the channels to try and find the video again and when i did listen to the song it blew me away and ive been a fan of lene's ever since and my dream is to see her in concert

indieband05@hotmail.co.uk on msm if anyone wants to chat about LENE
Marko Posted - 16 Oct 2005 : 21:41:40
Very good haqiem! WELCOME ON THIS BOARD!!
Helios, seems you're no more the only from your country now...

I will always be doing music, but there are nobody who knows how it will turn out.
I will always be doing music, but there are other people who will decide whether I'll be staying....

haqiem Posted - 15 Oct 2005 : 02:44:02
hei there...

i became a fan of since since high school but didn't start out by buying her album... i got this complilation CD and there was lene marlin early song "sitting down here".. the song has a good vibe and her voice was unique in some ways... i was hooked up to that song i begun seaching for her album but somehow i couldn't find it here.. then a got heard her second song 'where i'm headed' on my friends mp3 and it was even better, i knew somehow i got to get hold of her album, so i contacted a my brother who was studying in japan to find her album and buy it for me, month waited and finally i got 'playing my game', never have so pleased with her album.. it was so good i hear it again and again, now i got 'another day' and 'lost in a moment' and it's one of my most played CD.. lene marlin is one of kind, can't find anyone like her
indieband05 Posted - 07 Oct 2005 : 23:03:33
the time i found lene. i was getting ready to go to school one morning and i switched on a music channel and 'sitting down here' came on. I thought it was a great song (still do!), i had to stay and watch it so after i watched it i missed my bus to school so i had to walk but it was totally worth it. ive been a huge Lene fan ever since.

Lene: beautiful and talented. YOU DONT SEE THAT MUCH!
mokwaising Posted - 03 May 2005 : 10:09:15
My experience was a chance, I think ¡ª¡ª
About 3 years ago, I searched some foreign songs on the net when I felt bored with those I often listened to. I downloaded the top 10 download mp3 songs from a music site, with "Unforgivable Sinner" ranking 6th in the chart at that time, after listening to all of them, I found "Unforgivable..." such a good song, what's more, the singer sings like an angel, her voice had a magic driving me crazy, I could't help falling in love with her music, and listened to them only if I'm free, I felt just like AnanasTyrker describing, "The more to listen to, they sounds better"...
Now I'm looking forward to Lene's new album, which will give me a big surprise, I believe.
Superfan Posted - 02 Apr 2005 : 02:35:25
well AnanasTyrker welcome to these forums,

Luke Posted - 23 Mar 2005 : 17:27:52
Hi AnanasTyrker and welcome to the board. Your story is a bit curious, but sometimes life is really weird and what are supposed to be mistakes turn out to be right choices!

"I don't know your face no more
Or feel the touch that I adore
I don't know your face no more
It's just a place I'm lookin' for"

Keane - "We might as well be strangers"
AnanasTyrker Posted - 23 Mar 2005 : 16:21:23
Hi everyone, I've been a fan for a long time five and a half year to be more precise, but Im new to this forum ;)
My story is a bit funny if I may say so myself :)

It was back in September 1999, I was in a store to look for some music. I stumbled upon Lene's album Playing My Game, and I thought she was someone else I'd heard on the radio. So I bought the album and listened to it and found out it was a completely different artist than the one I thought it was :P But I liked it really much and it just got better and better the more I listened to it. I listened to her album atleast once a day for about 5½ years now :)
I got her second Another Day the day it was released in Denmark and I like it very much, it isnt as good as Playing My Game but still way better than any other album by other artists :D
jekil Posted - 03 Mar 2005 : 14:52:06
Sorry my mistake, i meant to say it was the video for 'Sitting Down Here' only after realizing my mistake now.
Helios Rietberg Posted - 02 Mar 2005 : 12:03:14
Well, we're way off topic, but i might as well chip in.

Back in August 2003, maybe, it was really early in the morning, probably 1.30 or something. My mother was hustling me off to bed, but i still had a download going on on WinMX. It was only going to take 10 minutes or so, so i decided to wait. Then, out of boredom, i did a search on WinMX for Lene, though i wasn't cradling much hope in my heart (i didn't hear a single thing about her those days... i thought she was still hibernating ). Heck it, i saw "You Weren't There [NEW SINGLE!!!]"! I was dumbfounded, honestly. I downloaded it, and did a search on Lene on Yahoo, and, what do you know, amidst Lene's angelic voice, the up-till-now-still-dead site http://www.lenemarlin.com announced news of her new album. Who would've known then that now AD's been in my shelf for a year and a half!

So fragile, just you and me,
Barely staying afloat in this blood red sea.
The eyes i looked at as jewels of hope,
Now hold just despair, how shall we cope?

Your feelings crushed, easy to break,
A protective shield of love we make.
When we realise we shall be free,
To entwine in the hands of you and me...
northside66 Posted - 02 Mar 2005 : 01:52:31
I was going through recommended artist on Sophie Zelmani's messageboard. Lene's name came up several times and I did a search. The rest is history.
Mark Posted - 02 Mar 2005 : 00:27:49
well I think the problem (in the uk at least) is that there wasn't any advertising... heck I didnt know she had even released a 2nd album until I heard SDH playing on the radio and decided to do a search on the web..
Daniel Posted - 01 Mar 2005 : 21:02:57
quote:
Originally posted by Lene fan
Besides I thought it
is really better if no one else in the world knows
what a song is number one in Germany.
I mean it's a real disgrace.

A bit off topic now, but you won't believe it, some time ago I could listen to the song even on NRK P1 (norwegian radio)... Well, I stopped complaining about that. Actually I've never really cared about the charts.

And about getting info on releases in Germany: Virgin.de's site has proven useful in the past. They've been quick as well. No new info though. http://www.virginmusic.de/xml/5/3250857/termine.html

Eh, speaking of which... Exactly one year ago Lene was on German TV (Video posted earlier and downloadable on l-m.no). Maybe you remember: If you checked the site above in those days you might have seen she was supposed to perform AD in a chart show a few days later! She never did. I THOUGHT. Now read this "diary" of a virgin "employee"... http://www.livejournal.com/users/garcon_gerard/185700.html (in german; the section about march)

Edit: Oh sorry, now I've gone completely off topic.

Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000